When creating your outdoor space, it’s important to consider how you will use it, what features to include and who will be using it before going forward with a design. It’s an exciting and fun addition, but you want to make sure you don’t do this twice.
D.J.’s Painting & Remodeling, Inc. will also help walk through this with you, but it’s good to start taking notice of how you and your family use your current space.
- Create a gathering place - Make a space that’s friendly for the kids, friends and family for times you host a gathering, and most importantly for you and your partner.
- Add an archway or pergola- for some shade and character, adding a pergola or trellis brings a unique and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living area.
- Adding speakers – nothing adds ambiance like some background music. Bonus points if your speakers that are inconspicuous (such as decorative rocks or fixtures
- Repel bugs with citronella candles and torches – Citronella will repel unwanted mosquitoes and other bugs away while also providing the gorgeous flame to set the mood.
- Use string and accent lighting for easy and elegant look - String lights are perfect for outdoor lighting because they are small enough to be difficult to see during the day & there are so many bulbs to spread the light out easily at night.
- Create a separate nook for yourself – even if it’s a hammock or swing, create a place for you that is just for a quite time for relaxation.
- Add the element of water- Fountains or ponds can be used to be the center of attention or provide the perfect accent to your favorite outdoor spot.
- Add a fire pit – The only thing more attractive then water is fire; using fire anywhere in an outdoor space is sure to get some wows.
- Add a heater for cooler nights- Chilly weather should not stop you from enjoying the beauty of your backyard. Outdoor heaters are an easy addition to keep you cozy through those brisk nights.
- Include an outdoor kitchen – If you are a frequent entertainer, investing in an outdoor kitchen would be a great addition for grilling and serving.